Sussex Community Rail Partnership (Sussex CRP) works along the Marshlink line from Hastings to Ashford, Uckfield and East Grinsteads lines and along the Arun Valley line.
Sussex CRP is a Partnership designed to reconnect the community and its railway.
The Partnership brings together local Parish, Town, District and County councils, the train operating company, interest groups and more to work together on a number of varied and unique projects.
The Sussex Community Rail Partnership has the following specific objectives:
- To develop an efficient rail passenger service, providing train services which meet the communities’ needs.
- To develop integrated connecting services to allow the community to get to and from stations easily, conveniently and inexpensively.
- To increase the use of the line for tourism and leisure related travel.
- To maximise the communities’ use of the rail infrastructure, particularly buildings and land.
- To preserve the potential for future freight use.
The Sussex CRP produces a lineguide for each of its lines, has a programme of guided walks throughout the year and works with all local communities to improve service and facilities. A number of special events are also run throughout the year, especially during Community Rail Month, including annual stakeholders meetings.
For more information contact the Development Officer, Sam Bryant at email@example.com