How does the Recruitment process work?
- Do your research, look around our website and have a read of what our people say.
- Visit our stations and travel on our trains.
- Apply online, read the job description thoroughly and make reference to the skills knowledge and experience you have that is relevant to the role – don’t forget to check your spelling and grammar!
- Your application will be screened against the skills, knowledge and experience required for the role as stated in the job description.
- Assessment Centre – if your application is successful you may be invited in to complete a range of ability and psychometric tests related to the role.
- Interviews – you will be invited to attend an interview with a relevant line manager. The interview will test your knowledge of the company and the role and will assess your skills and competencies. Some roles may require more than one interview.
- Medical – all potential employees will need to attend our occupational health centre for a medical, which will include drugs and alcohol screening.
- References – you will be asked to provide references prior to joining Southern.
- Offer - subject to a satisfactory medical you will be sent an offer letter and contract.
Visit Southern's recruitment website for Jobs and Careers with Southern and Gatwick Express.