Southern’s new summer timetable comes into effect on Saturday 19 May 2012. There are limited changes, but it is important that passengers check times before travelling.
On weekdays, some trains have been re-timed on the East Coastway, Metro, Brighton Mainline and Redhill routes.
For the summer, there will be some additional Sunday services on the Brighton Main Line between Victoria and Brighton. Some trains on the Brighton Main Line, Redhill and Oxted, Mainline East & West and East Coastway routes have been re-timed.
Timetables are available from staffed Southern stations and can be downloaded online.
Details of the changes are as follows:
Monday to Friday (Saturday 19th May to Saturday 8th December)
- The 07.17 Ashford to Brighton service departs from Hastings and St Leonards Warrior Square one minute earlier at 0809 and 0812, the times remain the same from Bexhill onwards.
- The 07.51 London Bridge to Victoria service departs from London Bridge two minutes later at 07.53
- The 07.56 London Bridge to East Croydon service will not run - alternative services at 07.51 and 08.02
- The 07.53 London Bridge to Brighton service departs from London Bridge two minutes earlier at 07.51. It will call additionally at Norwood Junction at 08.02, with same times from East Croydon onwards.
- The 17.57 London Bridge to Brighton service departs from London Bridge two minutes later at 17.59, with the same times from East Croydon onwards. (NB this service switches from platform 12 to platform 11.)
- The 17.59 London Bridge to Horsham service departs from London Bridge two minutes earlier at 17.57 to Redhill then times remain the same. (NB this service switches from platform 11 to platform 12.)
Sunday (Sunday 20th May to Sunday 9th September):
- The hourly 09.36 to 20.36 Victoria to Brighton services are additional trains
- The hourly 08.10 to 20.10 Brighton to Victoria services are additional trains
- The hourly 09.02 to 21.02 Victoria to Brighton services will be retimed to depart at six minutes past the hour
- The hourly 08.34 to 20.34 Brighton to Victoria services will be retimed to depart at 40 minutes past the hour
- The hourly 07.32 to 22.32 Victoria to Brighton services will be retimed to depart at 27 minutes past the hour
Redhill & Oxted:
- The hourly 08.10 to 23.10 Redhill to Tonbridge services will start at London Bridge at 07.05 to 22.05
- The hourly 07.29 to 22.29 Tonbridge to Redhill services will start 41 minutes past the hour and extend to London Bridge
- The hourly 07.37 to 22.37 London Bridge to Horsham services will stop additionally at Earlswood and Salfords (no change to arrival time at Horsham)
- The hourly 07.00 to 22.00 Horsham to London Bridge services will stop additionally at Salfords and Earlswood (no change to arrival time at London Bridge)
- The hourly 07.34 to 22.34 Victoria to East Grinstead services will start at 40 minutes past the hour
West Coastway & West Mainline:
- The Hourly 08.14 to 21.14 Portsmouth Harbour to Brighton services will start at five minutes past the hour
- The hourly 09.01 to 21.01 Hove to Brighton services are additional trains
- The hourly 09.17 to 21.17 Brighton to Portsmouth services will start at 13 minutes past the hour
- The 07.14 Portsmouth to Brighton service will start six minutes earlier at 07.08
- The hourly 08.04 to 22.04 Victoria to Bognor services will start at two minutes past the hour
- The hourly 06.58 to 21.58 Bognor to Victoria services will start at 52 minutes past the hour
- The hourly 09.39 to 21.39 Brighton Seaford services will start at 29 minutes past the hour