Here are some questions we are asked most often.
1. How do I buy tickets?
We sell tickets for rail journeys throughout Great Britain. As well as our regular fares and season tickets, we have railcards and special deals available.
2. When is my station’s ticket office open?
3. How can I plan my journey?
4. How can I make a comment, complaint or suggestion?
You can get in touch by calling, emailing, completing an online feedback form or even by tweeting us.
5. Will improvement works affect my journey?
You can check our improvement works section to see if planned work may affect your journey. You can also check our live running information for the latest updates.
6. Can I use my Oyster card on your trains?
You can use Oyster season tickets or Oyster pay as you go (PAYG) on our trains for journeys within the valid zones.
7. Can I save money with a season ticket?
If you make the same peak time journey on 3 or more days a week, you can save lots with a season ticket.
8. What can I do if my season ticket is lost, stolen or damaged?
Lost or stolen tickets can be replaced at your local ticket office - subject to terms and conditions. Damaged tickets are normally replaced free of charge.
9. What is a penalty fare?
You must have a valid ticket (or permit to travel) for your journey. If you travel on a train without a ticket, you may have to pay a penalty fare.