Sony and Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) partnership Competition Rules
Rules of the competition
Entering the Competition
1. The drawing competition (the "Competition") is open to children living in the UK aged between five and fifteen years old ("You").
2. You can enter the Competition by filling in the online form. No other method of entry will be accepted.
3. You must submit a photograph or scan of a piece of artwork (as a jpg or pdf format), either a drawing, illustration, painting, textiles, photography, graphic design, or collage that has been inspired by a train journey on the Govia Thameslink Railway Limited (GTR) network (Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express or Great Northern). All entries must be your own work, must not be copied or contain any third party materials including trademarks or trade names and/or content that you do not have permission to use.
4. When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age and address and the name, contact telephone number, and email address of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. You may only send one entry to the Competition. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11:59 pm on Sunday 5th August 2018.
6. Employees or agents of GTR and Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited, 25 Golden Square, London W1F 9LU, its group companies or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
7. GTR’s Head of Marketing will choose the winning entries (seven main winners and 100 runners up) for the Competition. The winning entries will be those that GTR’s Head of Marketing considers to be the most interesting, creative inspirational of a GTR train journey and original.
8. GTR’s decision will be made on or before Sunday 12th August 2018. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
9. The winning entries will be published on either Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express or Great Northern web sites from Monday 20th August 2018 or (if GTR needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
10. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
11. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give GTR: (a). Permission for your entry to be published on either Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express or Great Northern’s websites and grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and (b). The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
Getting consent from an adult
12. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
13. GTR requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author's name, age and town or city of residence. If GTR does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
14. The 7 main winners will each receive one of 7 main prizes, these being one of five family weekends away (staycations), one of two post-release private screenings of Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation at a winner’s local cinema at which up to 20 guests can be invited. The 100 runners up will each receive either a HT3 Goodie bag consisting of themed beach ball, sticker sheet, drawstring bag and sailor hat, or a pair of Sony headphones.
15. The parents or guardians of the winners and the runners up will be notified by telephone on or before Sunday 19th August 2018.
16. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
17. GTR will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available. All seven main prizes must be taken by September 2019 and are subject to availability.
Some other rules
18. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
19. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
20. Your entry will not be returned to You.
21. Details of the winners can be see online after Sunday 19th August 2018.
22. No purchase is necessary.
23. The Promoter of the Competition is GTR whose address is 3rd Floor, 41 to 51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
24. You can withdraw from this competition at any time by emailing email@example.com
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of GTR for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
26. GTR accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. GTR further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
27. GTR reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GTR in all matters under its control is final and binding.
28. GTR shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.