Win an overnight stay for two at The Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne, a meal for two at the Light restaurant, Towner Eastbourne and a private art store tour, including return train tickets (the “Promotion”)*.
Terms of Participation in the Promotion (the “Terms”)
- To be eligible you must:
- be aged eighteen years or over; and
- have a UK postal address.
- Employees contractors, agents of, or any other person connected with the Promotor, The Lansdowne Hotel, Towner Eastbourne and the Light Restaurant, or any of their families or dependants are not eligible to Participate in the Promotion.
In order to participate in the Promotion, you:
- must ‘like’ and comment on the relevant competition post made on 27 October 2023 on Southern’s Instagram account;
- agree to be bound by these Terms in respect of the Promotion, the terms of the social media site on which you are entering the Promotion, and, if you are successful, the National Rail Conditions of Travel in respect of the train travel provided and the terms of the The Lansdowne Hotel can be found here. You acknowledge that failure to comply with these Terms may result in your disqualification from the Promotion and you will not be awarded any Prize;
- must enter between the hours of 12 noon (GMT) on 27 October 2023 and 12 noon (GMT) on 3 November 2023 UK time.
- You agree that any content you upload to any social media site in connection with this Promotion is considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- This Promotion is available on Instagram only. Only one entry per participant.
Promotion and Winner Selection
- If you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria set out in 1, and Participate as set out in 2, you will be entered into a random draw for the Prize.
- One winner will be randomly selected using a computer generator
- The winner will be notified by 7 November 2023 via Instagram DM or a reply to their Instagram comment. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours, or any other period specified in our contact notice, of the notification being sent or is otherwise not available, the Prize will be forfeited by them and the Promotor may select an alternative entrant to receive the Prize. The Promoter is not liable to you if you do not respond within the time stated in this subparagraph.
The winner will receive an overnight stay for two at The Lansdowne Hotel, Eastbourne including breakfast. The winner can claim the prize by contacting the hotel via email two weeks prior to the desired date, subject to availability and the exclusion dates listed below.
- The Prize also includes free entry to the Turner Prize exhibition at Towner Eastbourne, a private art store tour and a meal for two at the Light restaurant. The private art store tour can be booked by emailing Towner Eastbourne and is valid up to and inclusive of 14 April 2024. For the meal at Light restaurant, located at Towner Eastbourne, a gift voucher up to the value of £50 will be emailed to the winner. The voucher is valid up to and including 31st October 2024 and must be presented on arrival. Some exclusion dates apply; Towner Eastbourne is not open on Mondays and is closed over the Christmas period.
- The Prize also includes off peak return train tickets for two adults from anywhere on Southern Railway and the GTR network to Eastbourne. The train tickets will be arranged by the Promoter’s marketing team and sent via email. Please see the website for confirmation of off-peak times for your journey.
- The Prize does not include food, car hire/incurred travel costs, personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize.
- The Prize is subject to availability and valid up to and inclusive of 14 April 2024. Exclusion dates apply: 23 December 2023 - 1 January 2024 and 1 -15 January 2024.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary.
- The Prize is not transferable and, unless offered by the Promotor, there will be no substitutions, or cash alternatives of, for the Prize.
- Use of the Prize is subject to availability.
- No expenses incurred in connection with entry to or participation in this Promotion will be paid.
- The winning selection of the Promotor is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotor shall be entitled to have the right to refuse to accept any entry.
- All entries are subject to verification. Incomplete, bulk, automated and third party entries (including “voting exchange”) will be disqualified.
- Any entries that the Promoter considers (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal racist, copied, offensive, cruel, or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
- Failure to comply with these Terms will automatically render an entry void.
- The Promotor does not accept any liability for any entries which are late, lost, incomplete or rendered.
- The name and county/town of the winner will be available for one month after the prize draw closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promotor. The winner agrees to participate in any and all advertising, promotion or other commercial activities relating to the prize draw and consents and agrees that their photograph, image, likeness and voice may be used by the Promotor in all related promotional activity in any media without any rights of prior approval or inspection.
- The winner consents to their personal data being used in this manner. In addition, the winner consents that their personal data will be sent to the Promotor, The Lansdowne Hotel and the Light restaurant and may be used for their respective promotional purposes, in addition the winner may be required to participate in reasonable promotional activities with each of those entities.
- Participants may print these Terms or send a self-addressed envelope to Partnerships Marketing Team requesting a copy and they will be sent to you.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, the Promotion itself or any other matter relating to, or arising out of, these Terms or the Promotion, the Promoter’s decision shall be final. No written correspondence or verbal discussion will be entered into.
- The Promotor is Govia Thameslink Railway Limited of 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE.
This Promotion and these Terms are governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and Participants agree that the Courts of England and Wales, exclusively