How to claim compensation
We've made claiming compensation a straightforward process and it only takes few minutes to claim. The quickest way to do this is by using our online form. We need a few details from you including the times of the train you would have caught along with pictures of your tickets.
Please only claim for the delay you experienced, as we use train running information to verify customer claims the process may take longer if the information you provide is inaccurate - we also reserve the right to take further action if knowingly inaccurate claims are submitted.
For Season ticket holders (including weekly tickets):
- If your journey is delayed by 15 minutes or more you can claim compensation.
For all other ticket holders (singles and returns):
- If you chose not to travel please apply for a refund
- If you chose to travel and your journey is delayed by 15 minutes or more you can claim compensation
Refunds of any other type of tickets (including Advance, Single, Return, and One Day Travelcards)
I have already purchased a ticket and no longer wish to travel.
- If you purchased your ticket from either one of our stations or our website (with the exception of those tickets paid using PAYPAL) - then you can take your ticket to a Southern Ticket Office within 28 days of the date of travel, where they will then be able to process your refund
- If you purchased your ticket from our website but used PAYPAL to pay for the ticket - then you will need to submit your refund application to our Customer Services team
- If you purchased your ticket from another train company or a different website retailer e.g. Trainline - then you will need to apply to the original retailer for a refund of the ticket