Planned Changes to Train Times
Details of planned engineering works on the Southern network.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Southern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
To find out how engineering work will affect your journey simply click the date that you wish to travel on the calendar below to get the full details of planned works as well as if these works have been uploaded to online journey planners.
- The furthest date that engineering work alterations have been included in online journey planners is available here
- The furthest date Advance Fares have been released for is available here
- Some tickets may not be available online during engineering works. If you're unable to find your usual ticket, please use the ticket vending machines or ask at the station ticket office
Check for planned engineering work on your route
Planned engineering work for 9th July 2022
9 July - 10 July 2022 11:59 PM
Southern between London Victoria / London Bridge and East Grinstead / Uckfield
Engineering work is taking place between Woldingham and East Grinstead / Uckfield all weekend, closing some lines.
As a result the following amendments will apply:
- Services between London Bridge and Uckfield will not run.
- Services between London Victoria and East Grinstead will start / terminate at Woldingham.
Rail replacement buses will operate between:
- Purley and East Grinstead (calling at Upper Warlingham and Oxted)
- Woldingham and East Grinstead (calling at all stations)
- Woldingham and Oxted
- Oxted and Crowborough (calling at all stations)
- Crowborough and Uckfield (calling at all stations)
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.