See if there is any service disruption on the Southern network, check live departures and arrivals from any station or find out about any alternative routes during unplanned disruption.
Disruption between Brighton and Haywards Heath expected until 05:30Show detailsHide details
Urgent repairs to the track are to be undertaken overnight between Brighton and Haywards Heath. This will result in some Brighton bound lines being blocked. We anticipate all lines will reopen and a normal service to resume from 05:30.
Network Rail, who own and maintain the infrastructure have advised us of urgent repairs to the railway track at Preston Park.
A temporary repair has been carried out and services to and from Brighton will have to proceed at a 20mph through the area. This may cause minor delays to your journey this evening.
Network Rail have announced they will close the line between Haywards Heath and Preston Park during the early hours of tomorrow morning, commencing at 00:01 for a full repair. Work is expected to be complete by 05:30. We will update you on the progress of the repair work once received from Network Rail Engineers.
As a result, this will have a significant impact on some last services leading in to the morning.
The following service amendments are in place to help assist you with your journey:
- 21:52 Bedford to Brighton will terminate at Haywards Heath at 00:10. A rail replacement bus service will depart Haywards Heath at 00:18 all stops to Brighton.
- 22:22 Bedford to Brighton will terminate at Haywards Heath at 00:42. A rail replacement bus service will depart Haywards Heath at 00:50 all stops to Brighton.
- 23:40 Bedford to Brighton will terminate at Three Bridges at 02:05. A rail replacement bus service will depart Three Bridges at 02:15 non-stop to Brighton via Haywards Heath.
- 04:15 Brighton to Bedford will start at Three Bridges. A rail replacement bus service will depart Brighton at 04:15 non-stop to Three Bridges via Haywards Heath.
- 23:32 London Victoria to Brighton will terminate at Wivelsfield at 00:36.
- A rail replacement bus service will depart Haywards Heath at 00:50 all stops to Brighton.
- 00:05 London Victoria to Worthing will terminate at Brighton at 01:18.A rail replacement bus service will depart Brighton at 01:25 all stops to Worthing.
Mutual ticket acceptance will be in place between Southern and Thameslink from 23:00-05:30 between Brighton and London.
During this line blockage, we advise that you allow plenty of time and check the Journey Planner prior to travelling.
Gatwick Express will not be affected by the line blockage.
Check before you travel:
Please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner to check your journey before you travel.
If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #PrestonPark
You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.
We want to make information better - tell us how! Fill out this online Disruption Survey.
Last updated: 01:16
Check live departures or arrivals at any station
Planned engineering work for Today
There is no planned engineering work for this date.
To check for future disruptions visit the planned engineering works page.
1 Train formation updates
05:29 Eastbourne to Brighton due 06:09
Facilities on the 05:29 Eastbourne to Brighton due 06:09.
Will be formed of 4 coaches instead of 2.
1 Changes to train facilities
06:15 Brighton to Ashford International due 08:00
Facilities on the 06:15 Brighton to Ashford International due 08:00.
This is due to a fault on a train.
Additional Facilities Information:
Formed of FOUR carriages between Brighton and Eastbourne.
Due to a fault on carriages overnight this train will be taken out of service on arrival at Eastbourne.
Passengers travelling from Brighton, Lewes or Polegate for stations toward Ashford will be required to change trains at Eastbourne this morning.
2 Station updates
Horley: Lifts out of order
The lifts will be out of order between Platform 2 and Platform 3 from now until further notice at Horley station.
Three Bridges: Lifts out of order
The lifts will be out of order between the subway and platforms 1 and 2 from now until further notice at Three Bridges station.