Major Network Rail engineering work will be taking place in the Lewes area from Thursday 7 March to Sunday 10 March 2019
How this affects you
For four days, from Thursday 7 March to Sunday 10 March, there are no trains between the following stations:
- Wivelsfield - Lewes
- Falmer - Lewes
- Seaford - Lewes
- Polegate - Lewes
- Brighton - Falmer: A shuttle train will be replacing normal service, running every 40 minutes
During this time, buses will replace trains.
To find out more about the Brighton Mainline closures, click here
What is the travel advice?
If you do wish to travel, we will ensure that you can, but please note you will need to allow extra time for your journey.
Advice will vary depending on the journey you are making as shown below. If you are travelling on affected routes:
- Consider working at home if possible
- Consider travelling outside of peak time and allowing more time to travel
- Note that non-folding cycles cannot be carried on replacement buses
- If you require assistance, please book in advance at southernrailway.com/accessibility
- Plan your journey using the journey planner