What is Delay Repay?
Delay Repay is a national scheme that train companies use to compensate you for unexpected delays and cancellations.
You’re entitled to compensation for any delay or cancellation that causes you to arrive 15 minutes or more behind schedule, except where delays have been caused by planned engineering works.
You will find details of the scheme outlined in our new Passenger's Charter which is available at all our staffed stations or online on the Passenger's Charter page.
How to claim Delay Repay
To complete the online or printed form, you’ll need proof of travel. Valid proof of travel depends on what type of ticket you have.
Paper ticket (you need one of the following)
- Your original ticket
- The ticket receipt (if you no longer have your ticket)
- A scan or photograph of your season ticket and photocard
The Key Smartcard
- Key Smartcard number (found on the front of your smartcard)
Smartcard from another train company
- If you have a smartcard issued by another train company, please provide the card number and the receipt/booking confirmation showing details of the ticket(s) held on your smartcard
Oyster season ticket
- A receipt showing the date of purchase, the price you paid and the zones covered by your Oyster card
Oyster pay as you go or Contactless payment
- A print-out showing where you touched in and out and the cost of your journey
(You can get detailed information about your Oyster and Contactless journeys from your account page on the TfL website)
If your card is registered, you can obtain a statement by visiting tfl.gov.uk.
If you're claiming by post, send your form to:
Govia Thameslink Railway
All claims are checked and verified. Southern reserves the right to prosecute fraudulent claimants. Claims must be made by the person who experienced the delay except under mitigating circumstances.
Our policy does not affect your legal rights. For more information about your legal rights please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.