Taking your kids for a weekend excursion or heading out with a group of friends? We have deals for children, group travellers and more.
Book early and save
If you book tickets early, you may be able to get an Advance fare. With £12 tickets going for as little as £5, these are a great value.
Keep in mind that you need to act fast – Advance tickets are quota controlled, so the earlier you book the better your chance of landing the cheapest tickets.
Weekend Day Travelcard
Enjoy London to the full
Enjoy a London getaway with a Weekend Day Travelcard:
- Available for day return travel on either Saturday or Sunday
- Valid to London from places like Brighton, Haywards Heath and Three Bridges
- Use your card on any London bus, train or tram
You can book this travelcard at a ticket office, ticket machine or online. If using the latter two, look for the ticket type ‘Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard’.
Kids must be accompanied by an adult carrying one of the following train tickets:
- Season ticket
- Off-Peak or Off-Peak Day ticket
- Super Off-Peak Day ticket
- Southern Advance ticket
- Off-Peak Day Travelcard
This deal is available when starting or ending your journey outside London Zones 1-9. Please note that children traveling unaccompanied by an adult need to pay the normal child fare – 50% of the adult fare.
Buying adult and kid tickets together? Then you can book online or at a ticket machine. If you already have your adult ticket, you’ll need to buy your child £2 ticket at a ticket office.
Southern Kids for £2 tickets are valid on Thameslink trains that run on the Southern network. And if you have Thameslink child tickets for £2, these are valid on Southern trains.
The exception is if the accompanying adult’s ticket is limited to either Southern or Thameslink. In that case, the children’s tickets are subject to the same restriction.
Travelling entirely within London Zones 1-6? The best bet is the 5-10 or 11-15 Oyster Card, which caps the off-peak price at £1.40. Learn more
- Journeys wholly within London Zones 1-9 are not valid
- Travel is not permitted on London Underground services unless the ticket is a One Day Travelcard
- Travel is not permitted on East Midlands Trains, Gatwick Express, LNER, London Northwestern, Southeastern, South Western Railway and Virgin Trains services
- Discounted tickets are not available for journeys that include rail bus links
- Tickets for journeys on the Southern network can be used on Southern can be used on Thameslink train services on routes where both operators run services
- Season tickets must be valid for the journey being made and can only be used with the same restrictions that apply to the £2 ticket
- Available on standard class tickets only