Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets
Travelling after the morning rush hour? You can save money when you buy an Off-Peak ticket.
Are you travelling after the morning rush hour? Save money on your journey when you buy an Off-Peak ticket.
If you don’t have to be somewhere during the busiest times of the day, this could be the perfect option for you. Whether you’re taking a trip into the city or out to the countryside, this ticket gives you the chance to enjoy quieter train journeys at lower prices.
Why choose Off-Peak train tickets?
When you choose to travel Off-Peak, you can benefit from:
- More seating available during these quieter parts of the day
- A choice of single, return and open return tickets
- 1/3 off Off-Peak fares with your Railcard
- On some routes up to four children aged 5 to 15 can travel with you for just £2. Book online for an automatic discount
When are they valid?
You can travel Off-Peak on weekdays outside busy times. You can also use your Off-Peak train tickets to travel at any time on weekends and bank holidays. The times you can use your tickets vary, so use the journey planner to check for Off-Peak services.
What are the timings?
Off-Peak singles and the outward portion of Off-Peak returns are valid for travel on the date shown on the ticket and until 4.29am the following morning. When using Off-Peak Day tickets, all travel must be completed by 4.29am on the following morning of the date on the ticket.
How do I buy Off-Peak train tickets?
It’s simple to book your Off-Peak tickets:
- Online – collect from the station or have them posted out
- On-the-go using our On Track app (iOS and Android) and collect at the station
- Buy from ticket machines at the station
- Head to a ticket office at your local station