Planned Changes to Train Times
Details of planned engineering works on the Southern network.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Southern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
Due to Coronavirus, planning engineering work is harder than usual. This means online journey planners, such as National Rail Enquiries, may only be updated with works close to when they are due to happen. To find out more simply click the date that you wish to travel on the calendar below to get the full details of planned works as well as if these works have been uploaded to online journey planners.
- The furthest date that engineering work alterations have been included in online journey planners is available here
- The furthest date Advance Fares have been released for is available here
- Visit our Coronavirus page for current travel advice
- Some tickets may not be available online during engineering works. If you're unable to find your usual ticket, please use the ticket vending machines or ask at the station ticket office
Check for planned engineering work on your route
Planned engineering work for Today
26 July - 30 July 2021 11:59 PM
Various Southern routes
Engineering work is taking place at various locations on the Southern network, closing some lines.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday:
From approximately 23:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings until the end of service, buses will replace trains between Hastings and Ore / Ashford International, calling at all stations except Doleham.
Monday to Thursday:
From approximately 23:45 until the end of service on Monday to Thursday evenings, buses will replace trains between Brighton and Worthing / West Worthing / Littlehampton.
London Victoria to Worthing trains will terminate at Brighton for an onward replacement bus.
From approximately 23:00 until the end of service, the 22:40 Portsmouth Harbour to Brighton train will depart Littlehampton 10 minutes earlier than normal at 23.33 and will run non-stop to Worthing, then call at Shoreham, Hove, and Brighton only.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Although journey planners are showing correctly, your journey may be subject to alteration at short notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please check before your journey.
Replacement Bus Travel Advice:
For helpful advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, please use this page.
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages.