Planned Changes to Train Times
Details of planned engineering works on the Southern network.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Southern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
We are currently in a period of ongoing Industrial Action which may impact your journey. For the latest information and guidence please visit our Industrial Action page.
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
To find out how engineering work will affect your journey simply click the date that you wish to travel on the calendar below to get the full details of planned works as well as if these works have been uploaded to online journey planners.
- The furthest date that engineering work alterations have been included in online journey planners is available here
- The furthest date Advance Fares have been released for is available here
- Some tickets may not be available online during engineering works. If you're unable to find your usual ticket, please use the ticket vending machines or ask at the station ticket office
Always check before you travel using our Journey planner, National Rail Enquiries or download our On Track App.
Check for planned engineering work on your route
Planned engineering work for 18th April 2022
There is no planned engineering work for this date.
Sign up to engineering updates
We are sending monthly emails highlighting planned engineering works that might affect your journey and the alternative travel arrangements in place.