Booking tickets for a work outing? Going on a fun day out with friends or getting the old gang back together? Travel together and save money on your tickets.
Start your festivities early with GroupSave tickets
This Christmas why not book tickets somewhere special and take advantage of our great GroupSave discounts?
Save 1/3 when groups of three to nine adults travel together Off-Peak.
(Off-Peak means travelling outside busy times on weekdays, but any time weekends and Bank Holidays).
In addition, for every adult in the group up to two children, under 5, travel free; and up to four, aged 5-15, travel for just £2.
GroupSave discounts apply to all these tickets:
- Off-Peak Day Return
- Off-Peak Day Single
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards (outside London)
- Super Off-Peak
When you book online as a group we’ll automatically apply your GroupSave discount.
So what are you waiting for? Buy your tickets online now and let us do the driving this Christmas!
Groups of 20 or more
If you’re travelling in a group of 20 or more, our group booking service can help you to find the best deal. Contact them on:
- Online booking form
- 03451 27 29 20 – select option 6 (calls may be recorded)
We’ll make sure the discount applies for your planned travel, and check which trains have enough seats for your group.
Restrictions on group bookings
You can’t use GroupSave tickets during weekday peak times.
Railcards can’t be used for additional discounts on your GroupSave ticket.
Your whole group has to travel together on the same trains, even if the journey involves changing trains.
There are some days when GroupSave can’t be used on some services – for example when there are major events. See restrictions for the next 12 weeks.
Terms and conditions
- Full terms and conditions are available at your local station
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of three to nine people travelling together at all times. You can’t travel separately at any time. If you do, you could get a penalty fare
- You can use GroupSave discount tickets in London and the South East with Great Northern, Thameslink, Greater Anglia, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Gatwick Express, Great Western Railway, Island Line, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern, South Western Railway, and Southern
- Your railcard can’t get you any further discounts on GroupSave tickets
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Returns and Super Off-Peak Day Returns, for returns on the same day, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcard and Super Off Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area. You can’t buy them in the London Fares Zones 1-6
- You can use GroupSave on Off-Peak returns for return within one calendar month, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- You won’t be able to use GroupSave at some stations during major events: for more information, visit the National Rail website
- Child £2 fares aren’t valid on Gatwick Express services
- Child £2 fares aren't valid on Great Northern, Greater Anglia, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway, Island Line, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern and South Western Railway except for travel within London Fares Zones 1-6 with an Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard