It’s only fare
Do you think it's fare to be charged fees on top of your train ticket? - No? We didn't think so.
Our system has been specially designed with a cheapest train fare finder to help you make informed decisions about which train tickets to buy. This allows you to purchase the best value train tickets based on your time constraints or journey preferences and we can assure you that we will only charge you for the cost of your ticket because its only fare.
We have compared train ticket prices with other third party ticket engines and have found that Southern is the cheapest:
Comparison chart based on the cheapest Advance single fare when available from Brighton to Victoria, prices correct as at 24th August, 2012.
|Ticket Collection at station||Free||Free||Free|
|Delivery (1st class post)||Free||£1.50||Free|
|Booking fee||No Fee||£2.00||£1.00|
|Debit/Credit card fee||No Fee||£0.75||£3.50 (Credit cards)|
Save over 45% (£4.25 saving over Raileasy)
Save over 47% (£4.50 saving over The Trainline)
You can buy train tickets between any UK rail destinations including Season tickets and it's only fare that we don't charge you any:
- Booking fees
- Credit/Debit card fee
- Postage fees*
* Free postage unless you require special delivery (£6), or recorded delivery which is free on all ticket worth over £100.
Other benefits of booking direct with Southern include:
- Ticket collection at TOD enabled stations (not Season tickets) (see nationalrail.co.uk)
- Free recorded delivery on all tickets over £100
- Get your money back if you can't travel for any reason with our Money Back Guarantee
- Facilities for passengers with visual impairments and other disabilities
- Cost comparison of single and return tickets on the same page
- Sales of Plusbus tickets
- Discounts on Southern Advance products (not available on any other website)
- The ability to remember your bookings to make buying tickets again simpler
Our Cheapest Fare Finder Matrix shows the lowest combined outward and return fares available, making it simpler to choose the best fare.
So what good reason is there to use any other booking website? Exactly! We couldn’t think of one either.