At Southern Railway we’ve always known that plans can change. That’s why we introduced the Rainy Day Guarantee. Now, to make it clearer and easier to understand, we’re renaming it the Money Back Guarantee. Just as before, the guarantee applies to all Anytime, Anytime Day, Off-Peak, Off-Peak Day, Super Off-Peak and Southern Advance tickets bought online at southernrailway.com.
Just so you know, it doesn’t need to rain for you to get your money back, you don’t need to come up with an excuse and you don’t need to tell us why you didn’t travel. You’ll be entitled to a full refund providing you don’t pick up your tickets. It really is that simple. So book online at southernrailway.com and enjoy the peace of mind of the Money Back Guarantee.
Here’s how it works
- Book your Anytime, Anytime Day, Off-Peak, Off-Peak Day, Super Off-Peak Day, or Southern Advance tickets at southernrailway.com
- Select ticket on departure delivery option during the booking process on the Southern website
- Do not collect your tickets if you can’t travel and require your money back. Log in to ‘Your Account’ and view the relevant booking. Click the ‘Refund’ button, select Money Back Guarantee as the reason for refund and fill in all the required fields, before printing off the form and posting it to the Freepost address shown on the form
- The full price of your ticket will then be refunded
- If you wish to book tickets for multiple trips in a single transaction on southernrailway.com, we advise that you book the tickets you need for each trip in separate transactions to ensure the Money Back Guarantee applies
Book online today at southernrailway.com
For more information read our Money Back Guarantee FAQs
Money Back Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid for tickets booked on southernrailway.com for any journey and for travel on any train operator, for the following ticket types:
Super Off-Peak Day
Southern Advance (Advance tickets for travel on Southern trains only)
- All other ticket types are not included in this offer, these are: Daysave, Downlander, Season Tickets, and non-Southern Advance tickets (Advance tickets for travel on trains other than Southern)
- The offer also applies to Child tickets, Railcard discounted tickets, and any other discounted tickets, subject to the terms and conditions of the Railcard or discount offered.
- This offer is only valid for tickets purchased online at southernrailway.com with “Ticket on Departure” as the delivery option, and the tickets have not been collected. We therefore advise you not to collect your tickets until you are certain you wish to use them
- If you wish to book tickets for multiple trips in a single transaction on southernrailway.com, we advise that in order for your tickets to qualify for the Money Back Guarantee, that you book the tickets you need for each trip in separate transactions. Otherwise, when you collect your tickets from the machine in the station for your first trip, it will give you all the tickets for all the journeys you booked so invalidating them for the Money Back Guarantee
- To apply for a refund of your ticket you will need to login to your account, click the ‘Your Account’ button and view the booking for which you require the refund. Then click the ‘Refund’ button and fill in all required fields. Submit the form using the button at the bottom of the screen. When the next page opens, print the form and post to the address shown on the form. Please remember to add a phone number for our Customer Services team to call to obtain your card details
- If you do collect your tickets from a Ticket On Departure or Ticket Vending Machine at the station, then standard refund rules will apply and you will be charged the normal £10 refund administrative fee per booking. Advance tickets are not refundable except under the Money Back Guarantee
- All refund requests under Money Back Guarantee should be made on southernrailway.com within 28 days of the expiry date of the ticket
- There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a refund under the Money Back Guarantee so long as the tickets you bought online via southernrailway.com are Anytime, Anytime Day, Off-Peak, Off-Peak Day, Super Off-Peak Day, or Southern Advance tickets
- We aim to process all refunds within 10 working days. All refunds have to be processed back to customers according to the original payment method. If you purchased your ticket using a debit/credit card, a member of the Refunds team will contact you by telephone to obtain your card details in order to process the refund.